Sunday, June 25, 2006

Postal Police

I never realized the Post Office had police cars.

I guess that's why I was so surprised to see one parked outside the Eagle Rock, Calif., post office the other day with "Postal Police" written on the side.

I knew the post office had Postal Inspectors, but I was unaware of Postal Police which apparently have different duties...and their own vehicles.

According to the Fraternal Order of Police Officers..

"Nearly 900 Postal Police Officers nationwide are assigned to maintain a safe environment at postal facilities located in major metropolitan areas that are considered "high-risk."

"In addition to protecting these facilities against potential terrorist attacks, Postal Police work to ensure the safety of postal employees and managers, as well as the thousands of postal customers who conduct business at postal facilities, often in high-crime areas."
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM