Sunday, November 05, 2006

Gibraltar calling

Got a nice e-mail from Stephen Perera in response to a post I did on October 21.

Stephen is the creative genius behind the Gibraltar Philatelic Bureau's magnificent Web site.

It is quite unique and a definite must see for every stamp collector with a computer.

Stephen says, "I wanted to add a few special ingredients to set it apart from all other philately sites in the world...the Stamp Previews section for example....no-one does that at all....and then the Magnifying Glass.....this is where I have some fun really.....I design a lot of their stamps and do all their design work so when I have some time I spend 3 or 4 days doing some fun stuff on anything I can think of!!!!! I felt the postmark was a bit of an unsung hero so I did something for it!"

He continues, "...if you have any thoughts or ideas on developing things on the site please let me know.....I'd love some feedback.....anything.....I don't get to talk to anybody looking at the site out there really."

He can be reached at graphics@stephenperera.com

To visit the Gibraltar Philatelic Bureau, click here.

For a related story about Gibraltar's postal services, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM