Sunday, May 13, 2007

Discounted stamps beat the postage increase

Dan Pritchett, director of marketing for Logos Bible Software, thinks he's found a way to beat the postage increase that takes effect Monday.

According to Dan on his company's blog, "I went over to my local stamp and coin place and made a deal with them. They agreed to hand-apply the correct postage to my statement envelopes when they had down time if I agreed to buy my postage from them. Sounded like a no-brainer to me. They sold the postage to me for 10% off face value and applied it for free. Now I am saving 10% on all my postage and getting the labor for free in an expense category that I originally thought there wasn't a penny to be saved in."

He goes on to write, "As a bonus, it seems like my invoices and statements are being opened more often. When my customers see the rare and often antique hand-applied postage stamps, they know a real person had to touch this envelope and not just a postage-meter or bulk mailer."

To read his entire post, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM