Thursday, December 04, 2008

Mail Carrier Does the Right Thing

WZZM-TV in West Michagan reports, "When he found a bag full of lost money on the ground, Grand Rapids mail carrier Mike Wisneski says he did what anyone would do - he turned it in so it could be returned to the owner."

The postal worker (shown above) found the money along a sidewalk at at a hospital in Grand Rapids.

"I picked it up, unzipped it and looked inside," he recalls. "I said, 'Oh boy, that's full of money.' Then I zipped it closed."

A Subway store employee was taking the money to the bank after he delivered some take out food.

"Mailman Mike," as he's called, says keeping the money was never an option.

"I might have thought of things I could have bought with it afterward but, no, I never thought of keeping it," he says.

Mike Wisneski has been delivering the mail for 22 years and he says he's a little embarrassed by all of the attention he's getting.

To read the entire article and to watch a video, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM