Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Maria Sharapova - Stamp Collector

According to Jonathan Sacks of Examiner.com, "Stamp collecting has surged in popularity in recent months, with eBay reporting a 30% increase in stamp sales and Britain's Royal Philatelic Society claiming a significant rise in membership."

Jonathan goes on to pen, "This rise in popularity is also bringing celebrity stamp collectors out of the woodwork. One of these collectors is tennis star Maria Sharapova. While Sharapova does not fit with the image of the typical stamp collector, she has actually gathered postage since she was a child."

Jonathan quotes Maria Sharapova as saying, "It is something introduced to me when I was very young. I have been very lucky over the years to travel to some amazing countries and I always try to collect stamps from every place I go. I am hoping one day that I will be able to hand my collection over to my kids.”

To read the entire article, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM