American Philatelic Society Turns 125
On September 13, 1886 in New York City forty collectors gathered and officially formed what began as American Philatelic Association (APA).
The APA briefly changed its name to the American Philatelic Society in 1897, but reverted back to the Association within a few short months.In 1908 the name is again changed to the American Philatelic Society, and has remained as such since that time.
As part of the quasquicentennial celebration, the APS has released another one of their colorful and downloadable stamp albums as seen above.
With 36,000 members in 100 countries, the Society is the largest, nonprofit organization for stamp collectors in the free world. APS offers services and educational opportunities to broaden one's enjoyment of the hobby and enhance their special collecting interests, whatever they may be. The APS is supported entirely by membership dues, gift s, and the sale of its publications and services.
For more information and to download the free anniversary album, click here.