Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Young philatelist has an eye on the future

At the age of 13, Nasser Bin Ahmad Alserkal is the youngest member of the Emirates Philatelic Association and already an award-winning collector reports Dubai’s XPRESS.

Nasser started collecting when he was eight years old when his father, also a collector, gave him an envelope with some stamps on it. The eldest of four brothers, Nasser is a eighth grade student with "an eye on the future."

He's quoted in the article as saying, “When I am 30 years old, I think I will stop collecting stamps. I want to teach my kids things about philately, just the way my father supported me.”

Shown above, Nasser with the bronze medal he won at the Washington 2006 World Philatelic Exhibition.

To read the entire article, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM