Friday, September 16, 2011

Reporter Finds Childhood Stamp Collection While Moving

Columnist Todd G. Higdon writes on Missouri's Neosho Daily News website, "Recently, Tina, Lynn and I have moved and with that, came the boxing up of our items. As I carried out few boxes, I came across my stamp collection. I can’t tell you when I started collecting stamps, but I do remember that it was my parents who got me interested in stamp collecting."

"It was a Christmas a long, long time ago," Todd goes on to say, "My parents gave me a stamp commemorative set. From there on, I started collecting them. I had friends and friends of friends give me stamps and even when dad and I go to a baseball card and stamp show, he is over looking at the baseball cards, while I am looking at first edition stamps. Some of the stamps that I have collected over the years included first edition of Civil War to national parks to historical figures and even others that have piqued my interest."

Todd says looks forward to attending stamp shows when they come to the area.

To read his entire article, click here.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Don Schilling at 12:01 AM