Sixth Annual Postal History Symposium and USSS Exhibition
Friday - Sunday, September 16 – 18, 2011 at the American Philatelic Center in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.
The Symposium, which is sponsored by the American Philatelic Society, American Philatelic Research Library and the Smithsonian National Postal Museum, will be held in conjunction with a philatelic exhibition hosted by the United States Stamp Society (USSS) and
Proposals for symposium papers may be submitted either as individual papers or in panels. Possible themes for papers include:
- Vending and Affixing – the age of order by mail
- The postal system goes to War
- Those little flying machines revolutionize the Mails
- How the mail order business necessitated the creation of the parcel post system
- Special handling stamps addressed special business needs
- Express Mail Wars: How the USPS battled Federal Express
Dr. David Hochfelder, assistant professor of history at SUNY-Albany will be the keynote speaker. Conference co-chairs are David L. Straight, Tara Murray and Thomas Lera.
For more information, click here.